Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy

~purrbaby~
2/27/2015     

"We are assembled here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. And yet, it should be noted that in the midst of our sorrow, this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most...human."
- Captain Kirk, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

Post #1016041 Back to top ▲
2/27/2015

~purrbaby~

"We are assembled here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. And yet, it should be noted that in the midst of our sorrow, this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most...human."
- Captain Kirk, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

Post #1016041
~Shadow
2/27/2015     
(Serious nerd alert.)

The nerd in me has been crying for the past two hours. I have loved this man since I was a child.

Spock is my favorite character and I have always preferred the original Star Trek series, though I enjoy all of them. I used to participate in an online role play simulation in a large Star Trek community, my character was a female Vulcan, based heavily on Spock. I began as an Ensign and was promoted to Lt Commander through the years. I loved it, I miss it, and today my world is not right, my heart is broken. I became real time friends with my "Captain" and we remain great friends to this day. He is as heartbroken as I am.

I am fully aware there are "more important" things going on in the world right now, but today, my world is darkened and I humbly pay my deepest respects to this wonderful human who brought so much to us. Mr. Nimoy was a tremendous man, indeed a legend.

Warp speed to your final Home, dear Spock.

Edited: 3/3/2015 by ~Shadow
Post #1016047 Back to top ▲
2/27/2015

~Shadow
(Serious nerd alert.)

The nerd in me has been crying for the past two hours. I have loved this man since I was a child.

Spock is my favorite character and I have always preferred the original Star Trek series, though I enjoy all of them. I used to participate in an online role play simulation in a large Star Trek community, my character was a female Vulcan, based heavily on Spock. I began as an Ensign and was promoted to Lt Commander through the years. I loved it, I miss it, and today my world is not right, my heart is broken. I became real time friends with my "Captain" and we remain great friends to this day. He is as heartbroken as I am.

I am fully aware there are "more important" things going on in the world right now, but today, my world is darkened and I humbly pay my deepest respects to this wonderful human who brought so much to us. Mr. Nimoy was a tremendous man, indeed a legend.

Warp speed to your final Home, dear Spock.

Edited: 3/3/2015 by ~Shadow
Post #1016047
irishxtc
2/27/2015     
His final Tweet

Leonard Nimoy
@TheRealNimoy

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP

1:36 AM - 23 Feb 2015
Post #1016053 Back to top ▲
2/27/2015

His final Tweet

Leonard Nimoy
@TheRealNimoy

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP

1:36 AM - 23 Feb 2015
Post #1016053
RunSaber
2/28/2015     

~~~~~~
A day without blood is like a day without sunshine...

~~~~~~
All your ta-ta's and buns are belong to us.

~~~~~~
Thunderclouds do not fear lightning. Hurricanes do not fear wind. To prosper in a turbulent, chaotic marketplace, become the storm.

Post #1016092 Back to top ▲
2/28/2015

RunSaber

~~~~~~
A day without blood is like a day without sunshine...

~~~~~~
All your ta-ta's and buns are belong to us.

~~~~~~
Thunderclouds do not fear lightning. Hurricanes do not fear wind. To prosper in a turbulent, chaotic marketplace, become the storm.

Post #1016092
Columns Display
Show/Hide Columns and Drag the Icon to Reorder
Show rows with value thatAndClear
Export
Topic Info
Forum Moderators: Cradz, MistressTrinna, CarelessWhisper
By continuing past this page, and by your continued use of this site, you agree to be bound by and abide by our terms of use, privacy policy and our use of cookies.
©2001-2018 The Pork Community Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Designed, developed and maintained by Cradz.
This site is for adults who wish to chat anonymously with like minded grown ups. There is no advertising, basic membership to this chat site is free and our chat is old school internet 1.0 style free chat rooms. Chat online with people from all walks of life today!