Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
.net site font size

Uriel_*dArc_Angel*
11/13/2015     
Member Hey Cradz, not sure if it's on the radar or not, but it can be a bit tough to read the font on a mobile device on the .net site as its a few sizes smaller than on the .com site...Any chance of seeing that change a bit in the future...

Also, slightly unrelated, I don't know if it's because I'm on an ancient first gen iPad or not, but the .net site runs really slow for me...Even typing tends to lag a bit over here as compared to the .com site...
Post #1025095 Back to top ▲
11/13/2015

Hey Cradz, not sure if it's on the radar or not, but it can be a bit tough to read the font on a mobile device on the .net site as its a few sizes smaller than on the .com site...Any chance of seeing that change a bit in the future...

Also, slightly unrelated, I don't know if it's because I'm on an ancient first gen iPad or not, but the .net site runs really slow for me...Even typing tends to lag a bit over here as compared to the .com site...
Post #1025095
Cradz
11/13/2015     
The Owner
The Owner
Seems odd as the font for me on my ipad2 is slightly larger on the .NET version compared to the .COM.

I still have some optimization to do on the .NET site so the speed should increase after I've done that.

I can't win on the size issue.. some complain it's too large which is why I added an override option in Account Settings called "Enable Scaling". I wonder if you have that set on so it's screwing up the scaling on your ipad 1 so it's super small? Can you take a screen shot and send to me?

You can also try setting the Site Menu Version to "Tablet" as that does have a higher font settings. That version isn't completed yet but you can see if the size of the fonts work for you.
Post #1025096 Back to top ▲
11/13/2015

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Seems odd as the font for me on my ipad2 is slightly larger on the .NET version compared to the .COM.

I still have some optimization to do on the .NET site so the speed should increase after I've done that.

I can't win on the size issue.. some complain it's too large which is why I added an override option in Account Settings called "Enable Scaling". I wonder if you have that set on so it's screwing up the scaling on your ipad 1 so it's super small? Can you take a screen shot and send to me?

You can also try setting the Site Menu Version to "Tablet" as that does have a higher font settings. That version isn't completed yet but you can see if the size of the fonts work for you.
Post #1025096
Uriel_*dArc_Angel*
11/13/2015     
Member That might do it...I'll give it a shot...
Post #1025098 Back to top ▲
11/13/2015

That might do it...I'll give it a shot...
Post #1025098
Cradz
11/13/2015     
The Owner
The Owner
Funny thing is we used to have an ipad 1 at work and somebody stole it earlier this year (god knows why!).

I know you can't update the iOS like I can on my ipad2 so it may be some css limitations of the version of the browser on that.

Edited: 11/13/2015 by Cradz
Post #1025099 Back to top ▲
11/13/2015

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Funny thing is we used to have an ipad 1 at work and somebody stole it earlier this year (god knows why!).

I know you can't update the iOS like I can on my ipad2 so it may be some css limitations of the version of the browser on that.

Edited: 11/13/2015 by Cradz
Post #1025099
Uriel_*dArc_Angel*
11/13/2015     
Member Nope...Didn't change anything there...That's a bit weird that the font sizes are all over the map like that...
Post #1025100 Back to top ▲
11/13/2015

Nope...Didn't change anything there...That's a bit weird that the font sizes are all over the map like that...
Post #1025100
Cradz
11/13/2015     
The Owner
The Owner
Scaling or changing the site menu version to tablet?
Post #1025101 Back to top ▲
11/13/2015

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Scaling or changing the site menu version to tablet?
Post #1025101
Uriel_*dArc_Angel*
11/13/2015     
Member Yeah, this unit is struck on IOS 5...Kind of a pain...Can't even get any apps anymore these days...I tend to find myself only really using it to lurk around the .com site check my email, or chat on yahoo these days...
Post #1025102 Back to top ▲
11/13/2015

Yeah, this unit is struck on IOS 5...Kind of a pain...Can't even get any apps anymore these days...I tend to find myself only really using it to lurk around the .com site check my email, or chat on yahoo these days...
Post #1025102
Cradz
11/13/2015     
The Owner
The Owner
Not really.. the .com site was built 10+ years ago using font tags and old school html..

The new site is using CSS and newer "standardized" HTML.

I may just have to put the old site on a different sub domain when we cut over for you old folks and your ancient devices. Wink

You just won't be able to do certain things on the site that you can on the .NET site (i.e Enter locked rooms where you are on the access list like The Dungeon meeting this evening).
Post #1025104 Back to top ▲
11/13/2015

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Not really.. the .com site was built 10+ years ago using font tags and old school html..

The new site is using CSS and newer "standardized" HTML.

I may just have to put the old site on a different sub domain when we cut over for you old folks and your ancient devices. Wink

You just won't be able to do certain things on the site that you can on the .NET site (i.e Enter locked rooms where you are on the access list like The Dungeon meeting this evening).
Post #1025104
Uriel_*dArc_Angel*
11/13/2015     
Member Ah, good call Cradz...The scaling option did exactly what I was after...Suddenly made the fonts the same between the two sites...
Post #1025105 Back to top ▲
11/13/2015

Ah, good call Cradz...The scaling option did exactly what I was after...Suddenly made the fonts the same between the two sites...
Post #1025105
a~la~tierra
11/14/2015     
Member I have found that on my phone on the .net site, I cannot use the finger pinch or swipe out motion to zoom in or out to increase/decrease the size of the pic or font in the window...but on the .com site I can....

So, I usually log into the .com site when on my phone, which limits many other options....

Any idea what may be causing that Cradz? It's like you have the window locked to fit the screen?

Thanx for everything you do...
a~la
Post #1025132 Back to top ▲
11/14/2015

a~la~tierra
I have found that on my phone on the .net site, I cannot use the finger pinch or swipe out motion to zoom in or out to increase/decrease the size of the pic or font in the window...but on the .com site I can....

So, I usually log into the .com site when on my phone, which limits many other options....

Any idea what may be causing that Cradz? It's like you have the window locked to fit the screen?

a~la
Post #1025132
Cradz
11/14/2015     
The Owner
The Owner
a~la~tierra (11/13/2015)
I have found that on my phone on the .net site, I cannot use the finger pinch or swipe out motion to zoom in or out to increase/decrease the size of the pic or font in the w;indow...but on the .com site I can....

a~la

Yes, it's set by default to not allow "Scaling" you can enable scaling via Account Settings. Scaling allows you to pinch and zoom.

The reason for this is I've found on smaller phone screens the site bounces around too much when you try to scroll but with a fixed scaling it doesn't do that. I will go back and see if I can find a different fix for that instead of disabling scaling or perhaps have scaling enabled by default.
Post #1025136 Back to top ▲
11/14/2015

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
a~la~tierra (11/13/2015)
I have found that on my phone on the .net site, I cannot use the finger pinch or swipe out motion to zoom in or out to increase/decrease the size of the pic or font in the w;indow...but on the .com site I can....

a~la

Yes, it's set by default to not allow "Scaling" you can enable scaling via Account Settings. Scaling allows you to pinch and zoom.

The reason for this is I've found on smaller phone screens the site bounces around too much when you try to scroll but with a fixed scaling it doesn't do that. I will go back and see if I can find a different fix for that instead of disabling scaling or perhaps have scaling enabled by default.
Post #1025136
a~la
11/17/2015     
Member I will try it out now, thanx Cradz

a~la

Edited: 2/26/2016 by a~la
Post #1025296 Back to top ▲
11/17/2015

a~la
I will try it out now, thanx Cradz

a~la

Edited: 2/26/2016 by a~la
Post #1025296
Columns Display
Show/Hide Columns and Drag the Icon to Reorder
Show rows with value thatAndClear
Export
Topic Info
Forum Moderators: Cradz, MistressTrinna, CarelessWhisper
By continuing past this page, and by your continued use of this site, you agree to be bound by and abide by our terms of use, privacy policy and our use of cookies.
©2001-2018 The Pork Community Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Designed, developed and maintained by Cradz.
This site is for adults who wish to chat anonymously with like minded grown ups. There is no advertising, basic membership to this chat site is free and our chat is old school internet 1.0 style free chat rooms. Chat online with people from all walks of life today!