Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
Profiles

ksenia
8/4/2016     
Bra Tester Just noticed that some people have a 'view profile' link in chat and some people don't... (I don't, for example, neither did lexi, but Max does) - didn't seem to make a difference whether a profile had been created or not.

iPhone
Safari
.net

“You'll get mixed up, of course, as you already know. You'll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act. Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left.” - Dr. Seuss

Edited: 8/4/2016 by ksenia
Post #1033131 Back to top ▲
8/4/2016

ksenia
Bra Tester
Just noticed that some people have a 'view profile' link in chat and some people don't... (I don't, for example, neither did lexi, but Max does) - didn't seem to make a difference whether a profile had been created or not.

iPhone
Safari
.net

“You'll get mixed up, of course, as you already know. You'll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act. Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left.” - Dr. Seuss

Edited: 8/4/2016 by ksenia
Post #1033131
Cradz
8/4/2016     
The Owner
The Owner
Hmmm... I thought it does matter if you have a profile.

What nickname has a profile but is not showing the link?

That was a suggestion I implemented where if there is no profile it won't show the link. I uploaded the latest code this morning to the .NET site so maybe I hadn't uploaded the fix yet.

Edited: 8/4/2016 by Cradz
Post #1033132 Back to top ▲
8/4/2016

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Hmmm... I thought it does matter if you have a profile.

What nickname has a profile but is not showing the link?

That was a suggestion I implemented where if there is no profile it won't show the link. I uploaded the latest code this morning to the .NET site so maybe I hadn't uploaded the fix yet.

Edited: 8/4/2016 by Cradz
Post #1033132
ksenia
8/4/2016     
Bra Tester ksenia has a profile but I can't see the link (but that might be cos it's nice?)....Max doesn't have a profile but has the link.

Post #1033138 Back to top ▲
8/4/2016

ksenia
Bra Tester
ksenia has a profile but I can't see the link (but that might be cos it's nice?)....Max doesn't have a profile but has the link.

Post #1033138
Cradz
8/4/2016     
The Owner
The Owner
OK thanks. I'll take a look and see what's up.
Post #1033139 Back to top ▲
8/4/2016

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
OK thanks. I'll take a look and see what's up.
Post #1033139
*kaydence
8/4/2016     
Icon Maker I chose to not have the link to profile show up. Maybe that is part of it?

She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice. It was supposed to make you feel something.
- Rainbow Rowell, Eleanor & Park

Post #1033141 Back to top ▲
8/4/2016

*kaydence
Icon Maker
I chose to not have the link to profile show up. Maybe that is part of it?

She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice. It was supposed to make you feel something.
- Rainbow Rowell, Eleanor & Park

Post #1033141
Cradz
8/4/2016     
The Owner
The Owner
I found the issue. It is a setting under Default Chat Room Settings and also there is a bug where it's getting set to no regardless of that setting.

I'll be updating everybody back to show (as I don't know who set it off on purpose and who was affected by the bug) and you'll need to go back to your Default Chat Room Settings to remove it. The link will not show if you don't have a profile regardless of that settings.
Post #1033142 Back to top ▲
8/4/2016

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
I found the issue. It is a setting under Default Chat Room Settings and also there is a bug where it's getting set to no regardless of that setting.

I'll be updating everybody back to show (as I don't know who set it off on purpose and who was affected by the bug) and you'll need to go back to your Default Chat Room Settings to remove it. The link will not show if you don't have a profile regardless of that settings.
Post #1033142
Cradz
8/4/2016     
The Owner
The Owner
The .com site shows the link regardless btw.

By the end of the year we'll be cutting over to the .NET version solely as it'll improve performance of the site and reduce costs so it won't be an issue after that.
Post #1033143 Back to top ▲
8/4/2016

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
The .com site shows the link regardless btw.

By the end of the year we'll be cutting over to the .NET version solely as it'll improve performance of the site and reduce costs so it won't be an issue after that.
Post #1033143
Cradz
8/4/2016     
The Owner
The Owner
OK just uploaded fix and should now be OK for you to go back and uncheck the option to remove the link.

If the link shows for somebody who does not have a profile it's because they are posting via the old site.
Post #1033144 Back to top ▲
8/4/2016

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
OK just uploaded fix and should now be OK for you to go back and uncheck the option to remove the link.

If the link shows for somebody who does not have a profile it's because they are posting via the old site.
Post #1033144
ksenia
8/15/2016     
Bra Tester
i have the box checked to show the link but its not showing in chat.

the profile's attached to 'ksenia' and that my default chat nick.

os yosemite 10.10.5
safari 9.1.2
.net

Post #1033425 Back to top ▲
8/15/2016

ksenia
Bra Tester
i have the box checked to show the link but its not showing in chat.

the profile's attached to 'ksenia' and that my default chat nick.

os yosemite 10.10.5
safari 9.1.2
.net

Post #1033425
Columns Display
Show/Hide Columns and Drag the Icon to Reorder
Show rows with value thatAndClear
Export
Topic Info
Forum Moderators: Cradz, MistressTrinna, CarelessWhisper
By continuing past this page, and by your continued use of this site, you agree to be bound by and abide by our terms of use, privacy policy and our use of cookies.
©2001-2018 The Pork Community Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Designed, developed and maintained by Cradz.
This site is for adults who wish to chat anonymously with like minded grown ups. There is no advertising, basic membership to this chat site is free and our chat is old school internet 1.0 style free chat rooms. Chat online with people from all walks of life today!