Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
How many...

*kaydence
12/9/2016     
Icon Maker
How many accounts is a person really allowed to make before it is considered a problem?

I've got the same person on ignore under 4 separate accounts. All containing the same name but with different numbers.

She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice. It was supposed to make you feel something.
- Rainbow Rowell, Eleanor & Park

Post #1035363 Back to top ▲
12/9/2016

*kaydence
Icon Maker
How many accounts is a person really allowed to make before it is considered a problem?

I've got the same person on ignore under 4 separate accounts. All containing the same name but with different numbers.

She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice. It was supposed to make you feel something.
- Rainbow Rowell, Eleanor & Park

Post #1035363
Uriel_*dArc_Angel*
12/9/2016     
I was under the impression that it only took someone making a new account to bypass the ignore feature once before it was considered a problem...
Post #1035364 Back to top ▲
12/9/2016

I was under the impression that it only took someone making a new account to bypass the ignore feature once before it was considered a problem...
Post #1035364
Cradz
4/6/2017     
The Owner
The Owner
Sorry I've only just seen this.

Yes we do ban if reported. It is fairly easy to hide yourself these days on the Internet so it's hard to track some users who go above and beyond to prevent themselves from being detected.

We do actively block known Proxies and TOR exit nodes etc. but there is only so much you can do.

With the changes to laws I'm also understanding of those that prefer to use a VPN and have recently unblocked that option so that more users can come to our site and keep their privacy.

So while I understand your frustration having to ignore another account if you think about it in the bigger issues of the site decline recently I hope you see it's better for us to be more open than we once were so we're not blocking legitimated users who may want to use the site but can't because they think the site is offline (which really we just blocked their connection).
Post #1037424 Back to top ▲
4/6/2017

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Sorry I've only just seen this.

Yes we do ban if reported. It is fairly easy to hide yourself these days on the Internet so it's hard to track some users who go above and beyond to prevent themselves from being detected.

We do actively block known Proxies and TOR exit nodes etc. but there is only so much you can do.

With the changes to laws I'm also understanding of those that prefer to use a VPN and have recently unblocked that option so that more users can come to our site and keep their privacy.

So while I understand your frustration having to ignore another account if you think about it in the bigger issues of the site decline recently I hope you see it's better for us to be more open than we once were so we're not blocking legitimated users who may want to use the site but can't because they think the site is offline (which really we just blocked their connection).
Post #1037424
aka-
4/6/2017     
Cradz,

I'm very sorry about the decline of the community.

Is there anything we can do to help?

Of course technology is moving fast to affect people to communicate thru other channels, but this community has been a bond for so many of us and if there is anything you can recommend that we can do to help bring the eyeballs back; pretty sure we will step up and help make it happen!
Post #1037425 Back to top ▲
4/6/2017

aka-
Cradz,

I'm very sorry about the decline of the community.

Is there anything we can do to help?

Of course technology is moving fast to affect people to communicate thru other channels, but this community has been a bond for so many of us and if there is anything you can recommend that we can do to help bring the eyeballs back; pretty sure we will step up and help make it happen!
Post #1037425
Cradz
4/6/2017     
The Owner
The Owner
aka-

Actually one reason I came to this forum was to post a topic about changes upcoming and also get some feedback on what we can do.

#1 I hear is the cost of memberships and icon sizes and we will be doing something about that.

I will be moving the site to a new server this month and reducing the costs to run the site significantly. No point having all this horse power if we're not using it. The Pork isn't going anywhere and I'll keep running it regardless of how many use it but I hear what people are saying and we'll be making some changes soon.

Mobile is basically what everybody is using and while I don't want us to be super huge (I love what I do and I don't want to be famous as I've got a very comfortable life due to my r/t job) there are some things I can do to expose us to more users (including building apps) and also increase our advertising.

Anyway... that topic will be posted soon. Smile
Post #1037426 Back to top ▲
4/6/2017

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
aka-

Actually one reason I came to this forum was to post a topic about changes upcoming and also get some feedback on what we can do.

#1 I hear is the cost of memberships and icon sizes and we will be doing something about that.

I will be moving the site to a new server this month and reducing the costs to run the site significantly. No point having all this horse power if we're not using it. The Pork isn't going anywhere and I'll keep running it regardless of how many use it but I hear what people are saying and we'll be making some changes soon.

Mobile is basically what everybody is using and while I don't want us to be super huge (I love what I do and I don't want to be famous as I've got a very comfortable life due to my r/t job) there are some things I can do to expose us to more users (including building apps) and also increase our advertising.

Anyway... that topic will be posted soon. Smile
Post #1037426
aka-
4/6/2017     

awesome Cradz Smile

I love your philosophy and how you want to keep it -s-

You run a robust platform that still does more than usual sites/apps (PCode, icons, community engagement, etc) and know that the community that has been built around you over these years have a deep affection for your accomplishments and what you have provided so please rely on us to help and sustain your costs Smile

Definitely 'new thread' material Smile
Post #1037427 Back to top ▲
4/6/2017

aka-

awesome Cradz Smile

I love your philosophy and how you want to keep it -s-

You run a robust platform that still does more than usual sites/apps (PCode, icons, community engagement, etc) and know that the community that has been built around you over these years have a deep affection for your accomplishments and what you have provided so please rely on us to help and sustain your costs Smile

Definitely 'new thread' material Smile
Post #1037427
Columns Display
Show/Hide Columns and Drag the Icon to Reorder
Show rows with value thatAndClear
Export
Topic Info
Forum Moderators: Cradz, MistressTrinna, CarelessWhisper
By continuing past this page, and by your continued use of this site, you agree to be bound by and abide by our terms of use, privacy policy and our use of cookies.
©2001-2018 The Pork Community Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Designed, developed and maintained by Cradz.
This site is for adults who wish to chat anonymously with like minded grown ups. There is no advertising, basic membership to this chat site is free and our chat is old school internet 1.0 style free chat rooms. Chat online with people from all walks of life today!