Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
I have a fear of control. Is it possible for me to be a Dom?

Batesyboy
12/28/2016     
Member Recently I have been talking to someone who I really like. He's really into me and I'm into him and he's really into BDSM. Although I really like the roleplay aspect to Dom/sub and I like the thrill I can get from talking and acting them out and being the Dom in these situations is fun because I get the satisfaction of feeling that someone is giving their body to me. There is just one problem: I have a crippling fear of control. When I say control, I don't mean simply mind control or slavery (controlling, being controlled and witnessing control), but this extends to fantasy where the will of another is taken over by another. This terrifies me to no end and it has seeped into our talks. I have noticed this also agitates him. Whenever I look for help in any site or forum, there is a lot of focus on the subs well being. And although this is all well and good, I feel that as the Dom that I am expected to just 'go along with it' and 'enjoy feeling dominant' or that 'it shouldn't matter because you're in charge' . Well it's hard to feel good in a role play when the goal is to humiliate, demean, sissify and damage the self esteem of the sub's character. I don't want to do that but I want to roleplay a Dom because it does appeal to me as a way to fulfill fantasies of 'the neighbor boy' or 'coach' or 'private club owner' but I want to do it without making myself feel like I'm going to pass out.

If this seems silly to you I'm sorry, but I haven't many places to go and I'm scared of either becomeing some sick controller or hating myself because this is freaking me out.
Post #1035915 Back to top ▲
12/28/2016

Batesyboy
Recently I have been talking to someone who I really like. He's really into me and I'm into him and he's really into BDSM. Although I really like the roleplay aspect to Dom/sub and I like the thrill I can get from talking and acting them out and being the Dom in these situations is fun because I get the satisfaction of feeling that someone is giving their body to me. There is just one problem: I have a crippling fear of control. When I say control, I don't mean simply mind control or slavery (controlling, being controlled and witnessing control), but this extends to fantasy where the will of another is taken over by another. This terrifies me to no end and it has seeped into our talks. I have noticed this also agitates him. Whenever I look for help in any site or forum, there is a lot of focus on the subs well being. And although this is all well and good, I feel that as the Dom that I am expected to just 'go along with it' and 'enjoy feeling dominant' or that 'it shouldn't matter because you're in charge' . Well it's hard to feel good in a role play when the goal is to humiliate, demean, sissify and damage the self esteem of the sub's character. I don't want to do that but I want to roleplay a Dom because it does appeal to me as a way to fulfill fantasies of 'the neighbor boy' or 'coach' or 'private club owner' but I want to do it without making myself feel like I'm going to pass out.

If this seems silly to you I'm sorry, but I haven't many places to go and I'm scared of either becomeing some sick controller or hating myself because this is freaking me out.
Post #1035915
Machiavelli
7/27/2017     
Member Greetings.

I'm new here, but I will give you a couple pieces of advise before you go much further:

1. Draw up a contract, or at least have a very long talk about what you both do and do not want, could tolerate, and absolutely can't do.

2. It sounds like you're not opposed to control, I may be won't, it sounds like you're primarily worried about causing harm. You need to seriously think about what it is specifically that makes you uncomfortable and write it down. Is it required to be a Dom? Probably not. But it might be something your partner would like.

3. Safe word. I am a 24/7 Dom, and the safe word we use is used far more often outside the bedroom than in it. Accidental injury is bad, but you really want that safe word for psychological well being. I once acted like my sub didn't exist, after 45 minutes she was a wreck crying the safe word because she Didn't even understand why she was so upset until I told her what I was doing for her punishment.

Now, I'm aware that acting like she is totally invisible is too much pretty quickly.

Hopefully you'll get some more replies here, but I hope I helped as well.

-M
Post #1038951 Back to top ▲
7/27/2017

Machiavelli
Greetings.

I'm new here, but I will give you a couple pieces of advise before you go much further:

1. Draw up a contract, or at least have a very long talk about what you both do and do not want, could tolerate, and absolutely can't do.

2. It sounds like you're not opposed to control, I may be won't, it sounds like you're primarily worried about causing harm. You need to seriously think about what it is specifically that makes you uncomfortable and write it down. Is it required to be a Dom? Probably not. But it might be something your partner would like.

3. Safe word. I am a 24/7 Dom, and the safe word we use is used far more often outside the bedroom than in it. Accidental injury is bad, but you really want that safe word for psychological well being. I once acted like my sub didn't exist, after 45 minutes she was a wreck crying the safe word because she Didn't even understand why she was so upset until I told her what I was doing for her punishment.

Now, I'm aware that acting like she is totally invisible is too much pretty quickly.

Hopefully you'll get some more replies here, but I hope I helped as well.

-M
Post #1038951
Columns Display
Show/Hide Columns and Drag the Icon to Reorder
Show rows with value thatAndClear
Export
Topic Info
Forum Moderators: Cradz, MistressTrinna, CarelessWhisper
By continuing past this page, and by your continued use of this site, you agree to be bound by and abide by our terms of use, privacy policy and our use of cookies.
©2001-2017 The Pork Community Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Designed, developed and maintained by Cradz.
This site is for adults who wish to chat anonymously with like minded grown ups. There is no advertising, basic membership to this chat site is free and our chat is old school internet 1.0 style free chat rooms. Chat online with people from all walks of life today!