Page:
of 3 GoPage size:
Cradz
5/6/2017     
The Owner
The Owner
Stormkrow (5/6/2017)
Uriel_*dArc_Angel* (4/8/2017)
Perhaps lightening the "restrictions" on some of the D/s rooms might breathe a little life back in...You would know better than me being able to see statistics Cradz, but it seems like there was a massive drop off when those new "restrictions" hit the Chamber...

Even though there is a room like the old Chamber in "Leather" I have a feeling it was more a matter of principle for a lot of people when something was "taken away" from them even as new more formal options were added...

Just something to mull over...

I go on long stints away and come back but I seem to feel there was resurgence of people a little before all the changes as well. more people felt it was a safe haven, it dint have all the negative s NHB can have... I was in there on more than off, then all those changes....

I understand the "feeling" people have but the numbers don't lie. People taking "long stints away" is probably one reason for the decline. Tongue Had nothing to do with the changes in the room as we made changes to try to increase usage. I wouldn't have tried that if the room was populated.

People have moved on for various reasons. Some site related I'm sure but most due to life in general. I'm certainly not playing the same MMO games I was 16 years ago although I have one or two old favorites I go back to for a month or so to check out but they aren't populated like they once were or have the same feel due to the massive amount of trolls we see now on the internet and gaming.

The Internet has changed.
Post #1037785 Back to top ▲
5/6/2017

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Stormkrow (5/6/2017)
Uriel_*dArc_Angel* (4/8/2017)
Perhaps lightening the "restrictions" on some of the D/s rooms might breathe a little life back in...You would know better than me being able to see statistics Cradz, but it seems like there was a massive drop off when those new "restrictions" hit the Chamber...

Even though there is a room like the old Chamber in "Leather" I have a feeling it was more a matter of principle for a lot of people when something was "taken away" from them even as new more formal options were added...

Just something to mull over...

I go on long stints away and come back but I seem to feel there was resurgence of people a little before all the changes as well. more people felt it was a safe haven, it dint have all the negative s NHB can have... I was in there on more than off, then all those changes....

I understand the "feeling" people have but the numbers don't lie. People taking "long stints away" is probably one reason for the decline. Tongue Had nothing to do with the changes in the room as we made changes to try to increase usage. I wouldn't have tried that if the room was populated.

People have moved on for various reasons. Some site related I'm sure but most due to life in general. I'm certainly not playing the same MMO games I was 16 years ago although I have one or two old favorites I go back to for a month or so to check out but they aren't populated like they once were or have the same feel due to the massive amount of trolls we see now on the internet and gaming.

The Internet has changed.
Post #1037785
Cradz
5/6/2017     
The Owner
The Owner
Stormkrow (5/6/2017)
In many ways its a double edged sword. If you have separate rooms for separate topics, themes and events the can become too specific and stylized. You take the 40 people on and 10 here, 20 there, 20 there the rooms can feel less full. Some would argue the worst thing to see when you walk into a bar (as example), is no one there. You may not love every patron, but a body in the room often helps others stay unless its full toxic.

I have had many ideas over the years but one thing I always felt was disjointed was when a specific mood strikes you, and you are inclined to go to another room, it would be a cool option to invite others to join you. You might be able to do this via a semi auto private red or a PM. "Stormkrow has gone into leather and is inviting you to join him" .... yes, you can just send messages to people, but a way to maybe take a small party to a room, be it already established or a custom.

I find myself logging in, and if I am not interested I will float room to room, and possibly logging out. If there is a way to have more room, and give that cohesive feel, almost like a pub crawl where you all stand up and go to another place.... and invite others along. Maybe there could be a thing on the page to show you were friends are at in rooms. This format always fell in a strange place but I gre up on it. Its not quite MIRC and its not quite, well, not a web based chat.

On another site I went to.... many moons back it actually had a real layout you could map. I wont say its name. Meaning you could go from the kitchen, to the hall way, to a secret passage and only certain rooms lead to others. Now im not saying you adopt that but it gave this cohesion feeling. And as far as the role play element it was pretty cool.

I will be increasing the number of rooms. There are people who would like to be in a smaller group. I thought allowing users to have their own rooms would create that but people like "public" rooms. Even if we have a bunch of empty rooms that doesn't bother me... see our various competition. They have a ton.

The hidden rooms idea is interesting and something I've thought about too... but perhaps for a new RP site where you enter the site and you're in an "Inn" and from that room you can enter various doors. I do want to do something with Dark Pines and that might be my next project after NHB Chat. Perhaps after that an Adult RP site using the same site code.
Post #1037786 Back to top ▲
5/6/2017

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Stormkrow (5/6/2017)
In many ways its a double edged sword. If you have separate rooms for separate topics, themes and events the can become too specific and stylized. You take the 40 people on and 10 here, 20 there, 20 there the rooms can feel less full. Some would argue the worst thing to see when you walk into a bar (as example), is no one there. You may not love every patron, but a body in the room often helps others stay unless its full toxic.

I have had many ideas over the years but one thing I always felt was disjointed was when a specific mood strikes you, and you are inclined to go to another room, it would be a cool option to invite others to join you. You might be able to do this via a semi auto private red or a PM. "Stormkrow has gone into leather and is inviting you to join him" .... yes, you can just send messages to people, but a way to maybe take a small party to a room, be it already established or a custom.

I find myself logging in, and if I am not interested I will float room to room, and possibly logging out. If there is a way to have more room, and give that cohesive feel, almost like a pub crawl where you all stand up and go to another place.... and invite others along. Maybe there could be a thing on the page to show you were friends are at in rooms. This format always fell in a strange place but I gre up on it. Its not quite MIRC and its not quite, well, not a web based chat.

On another site I went to.... many moons back it actually had a real layout you could map. I wont say its name. Meaning you could go from the kitchen, to the hall way, to a secret passage and only certain rooms lead to others. Now im not saying you adopt that but it gave this cohesion feeling. And as far as the role play element it was pretty cool.

I will be increasing the number of rooms. There are people who would like to be in a smaller group. I thought allowing users to have their own rooms would create that but people like "public" rooms. Even if we have a bunch of empty rooms that doesn't bother me... see our various competition. They have a ton.

The hidden rooms idea is interesting and something I've thought about too... but perhaps for a new RP site where you enter the site and you're in an "Inn" and from that room you can enter various doors. I do want to do something with Dark Pines and that might be my next project after NHB Chat. Perhaps after that an Adult RP site using the same site code.
Post #1037786
Cradz
5/8/2017     
The Owner
The Owner
Hi all,

The site changes has been made and the new membership levels are now in place.

You can view the different levels of membership here: http://www.the-pork.com/Info/Membership_Levels

To recap:

If you were a Gold Member this morning you were automatically upgraded to Grandfathered Platinum status which receives a 10% price break on renewal pricing plus you receive 50 extra icons above the regular Platinum level membership. The price for the regular platinum is exactly the same as the old Gold Membership so if you were a Gold Member before you basically receive more for less.

We have new levels of paid membership. Pay for what you will use or feel comfortable paying. Platinum membership is meant to be the top tier membership you can expand if you love icons and also provide a way for those who want to support the site financially at a higher level.

Former Silver members and Bronze members were both upgraded to the new Bronze Membership level. The Top 200 chatters from the past month based on message count were upgraded to Grandfathered Bronze which includes 6 icons instead of 3. Grandfathered Platinum members will also down grade to Grandfathered Bronze if you decide to allow your membership to expire.

There will be some minor bugs here or there so please let me know if something just doesn't work correctly after this upgrade. The new icon size can play havoc with some page layouts. Laugh
Post #1037817 Back to top ▲
5/8/2017

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Hi all,

The site changes has been made and the new membership levels are now in place.

You can view the different levels of membership here: http://www.the-pork.com/Info/Membership_Levels

To recap:

If you were a Gold Member this morning you were automatically upgraded to Grandfathered Platinum status which receives a 10% price break on renewal pricing plus you receive 50 extra icons above the regular Platinum level membership. The price for the regular platinum is exactly the same as the old Gold Membership so if you were a Gold Member before you basically receive more for less.

We have new levels of paid membership. Pay for what you will use or feel comfortable paying. Platinum membership is meant to be the top tier membership you can expand if you love icons and also provide a way for those who want to support the site financially at a higher level.

Former Silver members and Bronze members were both upgraded to the new Bronze Membership level. The Top 200 chatters from the past month based on message count were upgraded to Grandfathered Bronze which includes 6 icons instead of 3. Grandfathered Platinum members will also down grade to Grandfathered Bronze if you decide to allow your membership to expire.

There will be some minor bugs here or there so please let me know if something just doesn't work correctly after this upgrade. The new icon size can play havoc with some page layouts. Laugh
Post #1037817
scarlet*snow
5/11/2017     
Member Hi Cradz

as a past gold member whose membership slid ..: if I get membership now will my icons have gone?

Fankooo
Post #1037882 Back to top ▲
5/11/2017

scarlet*snow
Hi Cradz

as a past gold member whose membership slid ..: if I get membership now will my icons have gone?

Fankooo
Post #1037882
Cradz
5/11/2017     
The Owner
The Owner
scarlet*snow (5/10/2017)
Hi Cradz

Fankooo

In your case no as you haven't been expired very long.. your icons are still there as well as your slots if you purchase platinum status. Wink
Post #1037883 Back to top ▲
5/11/2017

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
scarlet*snow (5/10/2017)
Hi Cradz

Fankooo

In your case no as you haven't been expired very long.. your icons are still there as well as your slots if you purchase platinum status. Wink
Post #1037883
Cradz
5/22/2017     
The Owner
The Owner
allfive (4/26/2017)
please please please, once the new codes are done and implemented can we pretty please update the public icons if they are going to be kept
most of those are just so awful!

I have updated the Public Image Gallery so now paying members (silver membership and above) may donate icons to the gallery.

There are a few rules:

http://www.the-pork.com/FAQ/Article/10124

Currently all images donated with automatically become active and approved. This may change in the future if we see abuse and we'll grant permission individually to trusted users who don't abuse it.

The graphics team can change the name of icons and add/remove the anonymous option (this allows you to donate without your name showing but site admin and graphics can see who donated the image). After you have uploaded you have no control over the image so we'll see how that goes too.

Eventually we'll look at adding a way to add multiple icons at once and also finish up the Members Galleries feature that will allow you to have your own gallery and allow users to select icons to add to their account and/or "Order" an icon from you.

This at least gets the ball rolling to updating some of those really old images. Laugh

Thank you all who donate. Smile

Edited: 5/22/2017 by Cradz
Post #1038066 Back to top ▲
5/22/2017

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
allfive (4/26/2017)
please please please, once the new codes are done and implemented can we pretty please update the public icons if they are going to be kept

I have updated the Public Image Gallery so now paying members (silver membership and above) may donate icons to the gallery.

There are a few rules:

Currently all images donated with automatically become active and approved. This may change in the future if we see abuse and we'll grant permission individually to trusted users who don't abuse it.

The graphics team can change the name of icons and add/remove the anonymous option (this allows you to donate without your name showing but site admin and graphics can see who donated the image). After you have uploaded you have no control over the image so we'll see how that goes too.

Eventually we'll look at adding a way to add multiple icons at once and also finish up the Members Galleries feature that will allow you to have your own gallery and allow users to select icons to add to their account and/or "Order" an icon from you.

This at least gets the ball rolling to updating some of those really old images. Laugh

Edited: 5/22/2017 by Cradz
Post #1038066
orchid
6/13/2017     
I noticed how dead it's been I hardly ever get to stop by hope it picks up soon I love it here!!
Post #1038278 Back to top ▲
6/13/2017

orchid
I noticed how dead it's been I hardly ever get to stop by hope it picks up soon I love it here!!
Post #1038278
*kaydence
6/13/2017     
Icon Maker
orchid (6/12/2017)

It's been pretty active. People getting lost in a fast paced chat with 30+ people in a room.

She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice. It was supposed to make you feel something.
- Rainbow Rowell, Eleanor & Park

Post #1038281 Back to top ▲
6/13/2017

*kaydence
Icon Maker
orchid (6/12/2017)

It's been pretty active. People getting lost in a fast paced chat with 30+ people in a room.

She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice. It was supposed to make you feel something.

Post #1038281
allfive
6/26/2017     
Platinum
allfive (4/26/2017)

There are a few rules:

Where do we upload them to in order to donate them?
Post #1038491 Back to top ▲
6/26/2017

allfive
Platinum
allfive (4/26/2017)

There are a few rules:

Where do we upload them to in order to donate them?
Post #1038491
*kaydence
6/26/2017     
Icon Maker There is a button on the public gallery page for donating.

Post #1038494 Back to top ▲
6/26/2017

*kaydence
Icon Maker
There is a button on the public gallery page for donating.

Post #1038494
allfive
6/27/2017     
Platinum
Thanks kay! *S*

Cradz, one question....

Thank you for donating an image!

1) Images donated can not be larger then 200x200 or 100KB. Please make file sizes as small as possible. i.e. If using PNG format please save down to the lowest version you can. We prefer you upload using JPG or GIF file formats. The smaller images are the faster the site is loading (especially mobile and dial-up users).

i thought free images in the image gallery were supposed to be smaller then those for platinum level?

Upload Images Max Height x Width (File Size)
110x110 (50KB)

or is that just for personal images?
Post #1038508 Back to top ▲
6/27/2017

allfive
Platinum
Thanks kay! *S*

Cradz, one question....

Thank you for donating an image!

1) Images donated can not be larger then 200x200 or 100KB. Please make file sizes as small as possible. i.e. If using PNG format please save down to the lowest version you can. We prefer you upload using JPG or GIF file formats. The smaller images are the faster the site is loading (especially mobile and dial-up users).

i thought free images in the image gallery were supposed to be smaller then those for platinum level?

Upload Images Max Height x Width (File Size)
110x110 (50KB)

or is that just for personal images?
Post #1038508
*kaydence
6/27/2017     
Icon Maker The system automatically sizes down according to membership level. -smiles-

Post #1038509 Back to top ▲
6/27/2017

*kaydence
Icon Maker
The system automatically sizes down according to membership level. -smiles-

Post #1038509
Cradz
6/27/2017     
The Owner
The Owner
*kaydence (6/27/2017)

Yup exactly. If you uploaded 200x200 icon in the gallery then Platinum members will show that icon in messages at full size but if you're bronze it'll be automatically resized down.
Post #1038511 Back to top ▲
6/27/2017

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
*kaydence (6/27/2017)

Yup exactly. If you uploaded 200x200 icon in the gallery then Platinum members will show that icon in messages at full size but if you're bronze it'll be automatically resized down.
Post #1038511
Columns Display
Show/Hide Columns and Drag the Icon to Reorder
Show rows with value thatAndClear
Export
Topic Info
Forum Moderators: Cradz, MistressTrinna, CarelessWhisper
By continuing past this page, and by your continued use of this site, you agree to be bound by and abide by our terms of use, privacy policy and our use of cookies.
©2001-2018 The Pork Community Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Designed, developed and maintained by Cradz.
This site is for adults who wish to chat anonymously with like minded grown ups. There is no advertising, basic membership to this chat site is free and our chat is old school internet 1.0 style free chat rooms. Chat online with people from all walks of life today!