Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
Server speed

grace
5/13/2017     
Lifetime Member Hey Cradz,

While playing at the Graphics Game Night, I found my response from the server pretty slow. I could consistently count four seconds of "waiting for www.the-pork.com" between hitting the speak/update button and the update. Might not seem like a long wait, but when trying to play a game, it matters ~laughs~

Thanks,

grace
Post #1037916 Back to top ▲
5/13/2017

grace
Lifetime Member
Hey Cradz,

While playing at the Graphics Game Night, I found my response from the server pretty slow. I could consistently count four seconds of "waiting for www.the-pork.com" between hitting the speak/update button and the update. Might not seem like a long wait, but when trying to play a game, it matters ~laughs~

Thanks,

grace
Post #1037916
Cradz
5/13/2017     
The Owner
The Owner
Next time you get that try using the old site at http://classic.the-pork.com and let me know if it's the same there.

I haven't noticed any problems with the server or my connection to the server this evening though.
Post #1037917 Back to top ▲
5/13/2017

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Next time you get that try using the old site at http://classic.the-pork.com and let me know if it's the same there.

I haven't noticed any problems with the server or my connection to the server this evening though.
Post #1037917
grace
5/13/2017     
Lifetime Member It's mostly about the same on that one... so it's on my end? ~grins~
Post #1037918 Back to top ▲
5/13/2017

grace
Lifetime Member
It's mostly about the same on that one... so it's on my end? ~grins~
Post #1037918
Cradz
5/13/2017     
The Owner
The Owner
Try running a speed test at http://www.speedtest.net

See if your current internet speed is slower than what you pay for.

I did go in the room and it is a little slow but probably due to all the new size icons although that shouldn't be an issue after first loading as those are cached in your browser.

You can try adjusting the max messages you see under room settings. Change it from 100 to 30 or so and see if you see a difference.

You can also try using the streaming version which only loads new messages as they are posted which uses a lot less bandwidth after first loading the room.

Edited: 5/13/2017 by Cradz
Post #1037919 Back to top ▲
5/13/2017

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Try running a speed test at http://www.speedtest.net

See if your current internet speed is slower than what you pay for.

I did go in the room and it is a little slow but probably due to all the new size icons although that shouldn't be an issue after first loading as those are cached in your browser.

You can try adjusting the max messages you see under room settings. Change it from 100 to 30 or so and see if you see a difference.

You can also try using the streaming version which only loads new messages as they are posted which uses a lot less bandwidth after first loading the room.

Edited: 5/13/2017 by Cradz
Post #1037919
grace
5/13/2017     
Lifetime Member These are the results

PING
51 ms

DOWNLOAD
23.30 Mbps

UPLOAD
2.58 Mbps
Post #1037920 Back to top ▲
5/13/2017

grace
Lifetime Member
These are the results

PING
51 ms

DOWNLOAD
23.30 Mbps

UPLOAD
2.58 Mbps
Post #1037920
grace
5/13/2017     
Lifetime Member Thanks for the suggestions!
Post #1037921 Back to top ▲
5/13/2017

grace
Lifetime Member
Thanks for the suggestions!
Post #1037921
Cradz
5/13/2017     
The Owner
The Owner
Discussing with Trinna I think this issue was actually due to the speed of the servers hosting the images some of you were linking to using the IMG tag.

We'll see if we can come up with a better way for these game events. Perhaps have a separate window that opens where you post and show your image so it doesn't slow down the main room.
Post #1037927 Back to top ▲
5/13/2017

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Discussing with Trinna I think this issue was actually due to the speed of the servers hosting the images some of you were linking to using the IMG tag.

We'll see if we can come up with a better way for these game events. Perhaps have a separate window that opens where you post and show your image so it doesn't slow down the main room.
Post #1037927
Columns Display
Show/Hide Columns and Drag the Icon to Reorder
Show rows with value thatAndClear
Export
Topic Info
Forum Moderators: Cradz, MistressTrinna, CarelessWhisper
By continuing past this page, and by your continued use of this site, you agree to be bound by and abide by our terms of use, privacy policy and our use of cookies.
©2001-2018 The Pork Community Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Designed, developed and maintained by Cradz.
This site is for adults who wish to chat anonymously with like minded grown ups. There is no advertising, basic membership to this chat site is free and our chat is old school internet 1.0 style free chat rooms. Chat online with people from all walks of life today!