Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
Chemo hints

~pw~
6/14/2017     
Member Yesterday I had a power port put in.
Today I was told the cancer has not spread
Tomorrow I get my first chemo treatment.

I have to admit I have been scared through this process. I am feeling scared about tomorrow.

Does any one have any helpful hints getting through chemo?
Anything the nurses might not have told me?
Post #1038286 Back to top ▲
6/14/2017

~pw~
Yesterday I had a power port put in.
Today I was told the cancer has not spread
Tomorrow I get my first chemo treatment.

I have to admit I have been scared through this process. I am feeling scared about tomorrow.

Does any one have any helpful hints getting through chemo?
Anything the nurses might not have told me?
Post #1038286
allfive
6/14/2017     
Platinum
Just make sure you are sent home with anti~nausea medication
they "forgot" when i had my chemo... wasn't fun.

*hugs*
it is scary, but you got this!!! You will kick butt, take names and walk away triumphant!

Edited: 6/14/2017 by allfive
Post #1038287 Back to top ▲
6/14/2017

allfive
Platinum
Just make sure you are sent home with anti~nausea medication
they "forgot" when i had my chemo... wasn't fun.

*hugs*
it is scary, but you got this!!! You will kick butt, take names and walk away triumphant!

Edited: 6/14/2017 by allfive
Post #1038287
~*sweetmissbehavin*~
6/15/2017     
submissive
One thing my brother said helped my sister- in- law the most during her chemo was to use frozen Kool- Aid chips instead of plain ice chips. Sucking on those gave her a little flavor along with much needed hydration. He said they would make up a pitcher of whatever flavor Kool- Aid sounded good, pour it into ice cube trays, freeze it, then he would run the ice cubes through the blender a few moments to chip them...

Love you, lady, i'm behind you every step of the way and have you covered in prayers! *hugs*
Post #1038294 Back to top ▲
6/15/2017

One thing my brother said helped my sister- in- law the most during her chemo was to use frozen Kool- Aid chips instead of plain ice chips. Sucking on those gave her a little flavor along with much needed hydration. He said they would make up a pitcher of whatever flavor Kool- Aid sounded good, pour it into ice cube trays, freeze it, then he would run the ice cubes through the blender a few moments to chip them...

Love you, lady, i'm behind you every step of the way and have you covered in prayers! *hugs*
Post #1038294
~pw~
6/15/2017     
Member The first round of chemo was not so bad. There were lots of people that to remind me I do not have it so bad.
They all shared laughter.
Sitting there from 8:30 am to 6 pm was a bit hard.
I had an allergic reaction to the bandages. There were blisters all around the edges so it took me two hours of slow painful bandage removing.
So far so good.
Post #1038296 Back to top ▲
6/15/2017

~pw~
The first round of chemo was not so bad. There were lots of people that to remind me I do not have it so bad.
They all shared laughter.
Sitting there from 8:30 am to 6 pm was a bit hard.
I had an allergic reaction to the bandages. There were blisters all around the edges so it took me two hours of slow painful bandage removing.
So far so good.
Post #1038296
~Knighthawk
6/23/2017     
Member I haven't been around in forever, but this thread caught my eye. I am so sorry to hear you are battling cancer pw, you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers!!

Having gone through this with stacy, I know how hard it can be.
smb's advice is excellent, chewing on ice chips can help with mouth sores that the chemo can cause. We would always stop by Sonic and get stacy a slush to take with her to chemo. She would also use biotin toothpaste and rinse her mouth with baking soda several times a day to prevent mouth sores. She also said that chemo caused her to get a metallic taste in her mouth, I suppose that depends on which type chemo you are on. She said the baking soda and also using plastic utensils helped with that. I think the most important thing is to make sure you stay hydrated, especially before and after chemo and to take precautions since your immune system is compromised.

Just some thoughts. Good luck and God bless!
Post #1038439 Back to top ▲
6/23/2017

~Knighthawk
I haven't been around in forever, but this thread caught my eye. I am so sorry to hear you are battling cancer pw, you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers!!

Having gone through this with stacy, I know how hard it can be.
smb's advice is excellent, chewing on ice chips can help with mouth sores that the chemo can cause. We would always stop by Sonic and get stacy a slush to take with her to chemo. She would also use biotin toothpaste and rinse her mouth with baking soda several times a day to prevent mouth sores. She also said that chemo caused her to get a metallic taste in her mouth, I suppose that depends on which type chemo you are on. She said the baking soda and also using plastic utensils helped with that. I think the most important thing is to make sure you stay hydrated, especially before and after chemo and to take precautions since your immune system is compromised.

Just some thoughts. Good luck and God bless!
Post #1038439
~pw~
6/30/2017     
Member Thank you every one...so much for your input.

In the third day after chemo I got really ill. I lost ten pounds in ten days.
The anti~nausea medication they sent home with me did not work. They gave me some before chemo
and nothing help. So I will be asking for new pills.

I have noticed that I now bruise easily. Two surgeries and lots of blood draws and I look like I was in a street
fight now. They are healing up.
Post #1038547 Back to top ▲
6/30/2017

~pw~
Thank you every one...so much for your input.

In the third day after chemo I got really ill. I lost ten pounds in ten days.
The anti~nausea medication they sent home with me did not work. They gave me some before chemo
and nothing help. So I will be asking for new pills.

I have noticed that I now bruise easily. Two surgeries and lots of blood draws and I look like I was in a street
fight now. They are healing up.
Post #1038547
sprintdating
7/5/2017     
Member Just stay strong. Chemo is no joke and the cancer is a hell of a disease. I would just continue to pray, do what the dr's say and join a support group of people who are going through what you are going through and/or have recovered from it. They provide the best strength, even better than the Dr's, because there is a personal connection and bond that will help you grow through the pain.
Post #1038651 Back to top ▲
7/5/2017

sprintdating
Just stay strong. Chemo is no joke and the cancer is a hell of a disease. I would just continue to pray, do what the dr's say and join a support group of people who are going through what you are going through and/or have recovered from it. They provide the best strength, even better than the Dr's, because there is a personal connection and bond that will help you grow through the pain.
Post #1038651
~pw~
7/6/2017     
Member I have an amazing support group. I do not know what I did to deserve the people in my life, but I am freaking thankful for then.
As soon as family and friends found out the offers to drive me to appointments came and even more touchy for me the offer to sit with me during treatments.
This is so wonderful as my daughter does not feel she has to sit with me and miss work.

My next treatment 7 different friends will take turns keeping me company.
Friends that have been though this are offering me and hats. Oh my gosh the humor they are supporting with is amazing as well.

I know I have this issue, but I am truly blessed in so many ways in life.

Cyber friends, rt friend, my family....amazing. They make me cry thankful tears.
Post #1038673 Back to top ▲
7/6/2017

~pw~
I have an amazing support group. I do not know what I did to deserve the people in my life, but I am freaking thankful for then.
As soon as family and friends found out the offers to drive me to appointments came and even more touchy for me the offer to sit with me during treatments.
This is so wonderful as my daughter does not feel she has to sit with me and miss work.

My next treatment 7 different friends will take turns keeping me company.
Friends that have been though this are offering me and hats. Oh my gosh the humor they are supporting with is amazing as well.

I know I have this issue, but I am truly blessed in so many ways in life.

Cyber friends, rt friend, my family....amazing. They make me cry thankful tears.
Post #1038673
Columns Display
Show/Hide Columns and Drag the Icon to Reorder
Show rows with value thatAndClear
Export
Topic Info
Forum Moderators: Cradz, MistressTrinna, CarelessWhisper
By continuing past this page, and by your continued use of this site, you agree to be bound by and abide by our terms of use, privacy policy and our use of cookies.
©2001-2018 The Pork Community Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Designed, developed and maintained by Cradz.
This site is for adults who wish to chat anonymously with like minded grown ups. There is no advertising, basic membership to this chat site is free and our chat is old school internet 1.0 style free chat rooms. Chat online with people from all walks of life today!