Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
Where Does Self-Defense End?

Grau
5/1/2004     
Ok, this has been prompted by some political discussions ... since always when world politics are being discussed, those who assert that war is not the right means to solve problems are being confronted with the question "would you not fight back if a burglar attacks you, your wife, your children?" And of course I would ... but I think the question compares apples and plums ...

So where do you draw the limit? Would you also go and die for a country, for a political idea? So when would you start to use weapons and fight back, risking the life of the opponent and of course also yours?

Each consecutive of the following options would - to my understanding - also include the previous ones ...
This message was edited by Grau on 5-1-04 @ 3:52 AM
Post #4129 Back to top ▲
5/1/2004

Grau
Ok, this has been prompted by some political discussions ... since always when world politics are being discussed, those who assert that war is not the right means to solve problems are being confronted with the question "would you not fight back if a burglar attacks you, your wife, your children?" And of course I would ... but I think the question compares apples and plums ...

So where do you draw the limit? Would you also go and die for a country, for a political idea? So when would you start to use weapons and fight back, risking the life of the opponent and of course also yours?

Each consecutive of the following options would - to my understanding - also include the previous ones ...
This message was edited by Grau on 5-1-04 @ 3:52 AM
Post #4129
Grau
5/1/2004     
Member sure it can, bree ... the Pork Polls can only serve as a first approximation ... a linear scale with no chance to branch for different subcategories is of course problematic ... ~s~ but I suppose it would be kind of difficult to program stuff like "if you have answered with choice X, then please fill in questionnaire A, but of you have taken choice Y, you should continue with questionnaire B ...

it is some programming effort.

This message was edited by Grau on 5-1-04 @ 8:30 AM
Post #678428 Back to top ▲
5/1/2004

Grau
sure it can, bree ... the Pork Polls can only serve as a first approximation ... a linear scale with no chance to branch for different subcategories is of course problematic ... ~s~ but I suppose it would be kind of difficult to program stuff like "if you have answered with choice X, then please fill in questionnaire A, but of you have taken choice Y, you should continue with questionnaire B ...

it is some programming effort.

This message was edited by Grau on 5-1-04 @ 8:30 AM
Post #678428
Christopher
5/1/2004     
Member I did not vote as there was not a choice there that was even
approximate to my opinion.

Self-defence when a perceived threat is dead, utterly and completely.

Post #678430 Back to top ▲
5/1/2004

Christopher
I did not vote as there was not a choice there that was even
approximate to my opinion.

Self-defence when a perceived threat is dead, utterly and completely.

Post #678430
~pw~
5/1/2004     
Member In war it ends when no one can justify the killing any longer and that takes far to many years usually.

==============================
When the end comes, will any one remember the sound of my voice, the touch of my heart or just the feel of something less important?
Post #678433 Back to top ▲
5/1/2004

~pw~
In war it ends when no one can justify the killing any longer and that takes far to many years usually.

==============================
When the end comes, will any one remember the sound of my voice, the touch of my heart or just the feel of something less important?
Post #678433
Columns Display
Show/Hide Columns and Drag the Icon to Reorder
Show rows with value thatAndClear
Export
Topic Info
Forum Moderators: Cradz, MistressTrinna, CarelessWhisper
By continuing past this page, and by your continued use of this site, you agree to be bound by and abide by our terms of use, privacy policy and our use of cookies.
©2001-2018 The Pork Community Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Designed, developed and maintained by Cradz.
This site is for adults who wish to chat anonymously with like minded grown ups. There is no advertising, basic membership to this chat site is free and our chat is old school internet 1.0 style free chat rooms. Chat online with people from all walks of life today!