Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
If God really loves us....

ImaDummy
6/19/2013     
Member It seems to me that if God really loves us, he would want us to grow, learn, and think for ourselves.

Any parent will tell you that to raise a child to think on their own, they need to present them with challenges and not make their lives too easy. The same logic, it seems to me, would apply to God.

So, If God really loves us, and wants us to grow, learn, and think for ourselves, (the human race, that is), then he wouldn’t have provided us with a document that tells us what to do and how to think. He would have left us to our own devices to make our own mistakes and learn from them.

To provide such a document would just dumb us down and take away our ability to think for ourselves.
Post #989010 Back to top ▲
6/19/2013

ImaDummy
It seems to me that if God really loves us, he would want us to grow, learn, and think for ourselves.

Any parent will tell you that to raise a child to think on their own, they need to present them with challenges and not make their lives too easy. The same logic, it seems to me, would apply to God.

So, If God really loves us, and wants us to grow, learn, and think for ourselves, (the human race, that is), then he wouldn’t have provided us with a document that tells us what to do and how to think. He would have left us to our own devices to make our own mistakes and learn from them.

To provide such a document would just dumb us down and take away our ability to think for ourselves.
Post #989010
Opalescent
6/19/2013     
Member Right.
Because that's exactly what any good parent does.
They give their kids no rules or guidelines or advice about anything.
It's sink or swim.
Thats the only way to learn.
Post #989033 Back to top ▲
6/19/2013

Opalescent
Right.
Because that's exactly what any good parent does.
They give their kids no rules or guidelines or advice about anything.
It's sink or swim.
Thats the only way to learn.
Post #989033
~strungfilly~
6/19/2013     
submissive The bible is like the road code, you don't have to follow it, it is free choice on whether you follow the rules of the road, you can choice to go through a red light and pay the consequences or follow the law and have a good life. It's not a document, it is a guideline about how to reconcile Man back to God, because Man has turned his back on God and wants to do his own thing. The bible does not tell us how to think but tells us how we should live our life and how we should treat others.

He does love us and that is why He has given us free will to choose if we want to follow Him or not.....He does not force it on us as God loves us and freely wants us to make the choice to be in a relationship with Him, there is a choice.

Life isn't easy we are met with challenges and choices, between right and wrong, good and bad, but then that's the whole thing.....who decides between what is right and what is wrong, you have to have a moral law giver and that is why God has put inside of us a conscience. Because otherwise if we are to decide, one has to have a standard, e.g....abusing children is absolutely wrong.....but who sets that standard?

i believe that God does set that standard and He has written that in the bible, His word.

One would be a fool to follow Christianity but be very wise to follow Jesus Christ, in the way that He lived, His ethnical teachings.....e.g. 'Sermon on the Mount'...and what He taught.

Edited: 6/19/2013 by ~strungfilly~
Post #989035 Back to top ▲
6/19/2013

~strungfilly~
submissive
The bible is like the road code, you don't have to follow it, it is free choice on whether you follow the rules of the road, you can choice to go through a red light and pay the consequences or follow the law and have a good life. It's not a document, it is a guideline about how to reconcile Man back to God, because Man has turned his back on God and wants to do his own thing. The bible does not tell us how to think but tells us how we should live our life and how we should treat others.

He does love us and that is why He has given us free will to choose if we want to follow Him or not.....He does not force it on us as God loves us and freely wants us to make the choice to be in a relationship with Him, there is a choice.

Life isn't easy we are met with challenges and choices, between right and wrong, good and bad, but then that's the whole thing.....who decides between what is right and what is wrong, you have to have a moral law giver and that is why God has put inside of us a conscience. Because otherwise if we are to decide, one has to have a standard, e.g....abusing children is absolutely wrong.....but who sets that standard?

i believe that God does set that standard and He has written that in the bible, His word.

One would be a fool to follow Christianity but be very wise to follow Jesus Christ, in the way that He lived, His ethnical teachings.....e.g. 'Sermon on the Mount'...and what He taught.

Edited: 6/19/2013 by ~strungfilly~
Post #989035
ImaDummy
6/22/2013     
Member I'm just trying to provoke a discussion. I tend to think God is not necessary to those who have free will. But, most seem to need the existence of God, and seem to need his guidance, apparently lacking the ability (or perhaps desire) to get through life without it. It seems to me that most of the morals and ethics that people need in order to get along in this crowded world (such as the Golden Rule) are common sense and would exist with or without religion.

Highin the Saddle,
you know you cannot prove a negative. Therefore, it is impossible to prove God does not exist. Everything can be explained without invoking the existence of God, but that is not enough to prove he/she does not exist.

Edited: 6/22/2013 by ImaDummy
Post #989194 Back to top ▲
6/22/2013

ImaDummy
I'm just trying to provoke a discussion. I tend to think God is not necessary to those who have free will. But, most seem to need the existence of God, and seem to need his guidance, apparently lacking the ability (or perhaps desire) to get through life without it. It seems to me that most of the morals and ethics that people need in order to get along in this crowded world (such as the Golden Rule) are common sense and would exist with or without religion.

Highin the Saddle,
you know you cannot prove a negative. Therefore, it is impossible to prove God does not exist. Everything can be explained without invoking the existence of God, but that is not enough to prove he/she does not exist.

Edited: 6/22/2013 by ImaDummy
Post #989194
Columns Display
Show/Hide Columns and Drag the Icon to Reorder
Show rows with value thatAndClear
Export
Topic Info
Forum Moderators: Cradz, MistressTrinna, CarelessWhisper
By continuing past this page, and by your continued use of this site, you agree to be bound by and abide by our terms of use, privacy policy and our use of cookies.
©2001-2018 The Pork Community Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Designed, developed and maintained by Cradz.
This site is for adults who wish to chat anonymously with like minded grown ups. There is no advertising, basic membership to this chat site is free and our chat is old school internet 1.0 style free chat rooms. Chat online with people from all walks of life today!